Are you interested in taking college courses at church?
Church Training Institute (CTI) at FBC St. Francisville
FBCSF has the opportunity to offer classes at our church through Leavell College at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS). These classes will be in the areas of Pastoral Ministries and Church Ministry. The tuition for each course is $150, and the church has scholarships available to help. Once you complete 8 courses in the program, you will receive a certificate and 8 hours of credit from Leavell College. The courses will be offered during the fall and spring semesters at the church. Each class will include some pre-meeting reading and assignments. Additionally, each class will meet for lectures and discussion over the course of two weekends, including Friday night and Saturday morning on each of those weekends. Check for class dates on the "Classes Offered" list below.
- Introduction to Old Testament Study;
- Introduction to New Testament Study;
- Baptist Doctrine/Theology;
- Discipling Church Members;
- Introduction to Missions;
- Introduction to Preaching; and
- New Testament Book Course - This class is open for registration. The class starts March 1, 2024 and meets on March 22-23 and in April on a weekend TBD. The required textbook of the class is Exalting Jesus in James (Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary) by David Platt.
- Click on the "Register Now" button above, and complete the CTI registration form, including "FBC St. Francisville" as the location and "New Testament Bible Course" as the course you are registering for in March and April 2024.
- Purchase the following textbook: (1) Exalting Jesus in James by David Platt.
- Download the syllabus for "New Testament Bible Course," which will be available soon.
- Pay your tuition to the church on the first night of class. Checks may be made out to "FBCSF" and put "CTI" in the memo or notes line on your check. The church will pay New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) the tuition for all enrolled students once registration for the course has closed.
- Email the church to let us know that you've enrolled, and we'll send you the syllabus for the course that you're registered to take.
Need More Information?
If you're interested in taking classes to deepen your understanding of God's Word and to equip you for his call in ministry in your life, let us know. Also, if you have questions or need more information about the CTI at FBC St. Francisville, we'd love to visit with you.
You can get more information or let us know that you're interested by sending us an email.