Are you interested in taking college courses at church?
Church Training Institute (CTI) at FBC St. Francisville
FBCSF has the opportunity to offer classes at our church through Leavell College at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS). These classes will be in the areas of Pastoral Ministries and Church Ministry. The tuition for each course is $150, and the church has scholarships available to help. Once you complete 8 courses in the program, you will receive a certificate and 8 hours of credit from Leavell College. The courses will be offered during the fall and spring semesters at the church. Each class will include some pre-meeting reading and assignments. Additionally, each class will meet for lectures and discussion over the course of two weekends, including Friday night and Saturday morning on each of those weekends. Check for class dates on the "Classes Offered" list below.
- Introduction to Old Testament Study;
- Introduction to New Testament Study;
- Baptist Doctrine/Theology;
- Discipling Church Members;
- Introduction to Missions;
- Introduction to Preaching (This class is open for registration. The class starts January 1, 2024 and meets February 9-10 & February 23-24. The required textbook of the class is Preaching for the Rest of Us: Essentials for Text-Driven Preaching by Robby Gallaty and Steven Smith); and
- New Testament Bible Course.
- Click on the "Register Now" button above, and complete the CTI registration form, including "FBC St. Francisville" as the location and "Introduction to Preaching" as the course you are registering for in January and February 2024.
- Purchase the following textbook: (1) Preaching for the Rest of Us: Essentials for Text-Driven Preaching by Robby Gallaty and Steven Smith.
- Download the syllabus for "Introduction to Preaching" once the link is active. The syllabus will be available by or before January 1st.
- Pay your tuition to the church. Checks may be made out to "FBCSF" and put "CTI" in the memo or notes line on your check. The church will pay New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) the tuition for all enrolled students once registration for the course has closed.
- Email the church to let us know that you've enrolled, and we'll send you the syllabus for the course that you're registered to take.
Need More Information?
If you're interested in taking classes to deepen your understanding of God's Word and to equip you for his call in ministry in your life, let us know. Also, if you have questions or need more information about the CTI at FBC St. Francisville, we'd love to visit with you.
You can get more information or let us know that you're interested by sending us an email.