1882 Organization of the church in this area
1940 Services were held in the court house until the church building was completed on Ferdinand Street.
1954 The educational annex of the church building was completed.
1960 The church purchased 5.75 acres of land for a new building at the corner of Hwy. 61 and Hwy. 10.
1965 The property was paid for and a building campaign began.
1969 The building was completed and ready for growth. This is the sanctuary that faces Highway 10.
1981 A new building was added, which now serves as a fellowship area, kitchen and Sunday School rooms.
1984 More Sunday School rooms and extra parking were added.
1990 Five acres adjacent to the church were purchased
1995 All debt paid off.
1997 Building campaign, “Labor of Love,” began for an activities building.
2000 Worship services were moved to the activities building.
2004 New activities building was paid for and “In Faith We Grow” campaign began to pay for a new sanctuary.
2007 Worship services began in new sanctuary and “Faithfully Fulfilling God’s Plan” capital campaign began to fully fund the new building
2011 FBC-SF continues to pay down the balance owed on the new sanctuary. Members are ready to move forward in ministry and continue to meet the challenge of fulfilling the Great Commission.